Friday, February 8, 2008

The World Is My Hood






After having a gourmet breakfast this morning which included heart shaped waffles, looking out at the magnificent Bosphorus strait, it became clear to me that this week I would be imitating the wealthy (someone who enjoys a much higher tax bracket than myself). The sky is overcast, but not to worry, the wealthy can purchase views that rival the sun. Most likely, I will feel compelled to satisfy my palette with a $100.00 bottle of red wine, and it may be time drape my torso with a fine cashmere sweater, but that will have to take a back seat to our television debut. Today we will be broadcast on one of Turkeys most popular morning shows. The shows host is Daria; she's kinda like the Martha Stewart of Turkey. The show went well, we performed some pieces, rolled some yarn into balls of yarn, dropped the balls of yarn, worked up a sweat from rolling the yarn into balls of yarn, and then dropped the balls of yarn some more (damn, there goes my Hood card). After the show we took a picturesque ferry ride over to the Asian side of Istanbul, yeah the Asian side. I have to admit, I was not aware that part of Turkey is in Asia, but it is. After getting off the ferry we ate a tradional Turkish meal and ran back to the ferr so we wouldn't miss the boat. Literally. Heart shaped waffles, ferry boats, cashmere sweaters, and pink balls of yarn. The world is my hood.

1 comment:

KENYA said...

OUTOFSIGHT,BRA!

AS THE WORLD TURNS, SO SHALL THE VIRUS DROWN!

oNWARD AND uPWARD.

SHALOM ALLAKUM,

KENYA

PS. EAT CHARCOAL!