Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Turkey, A breath of fresh air.....






Though the air is fresh and clean in Turkey, my stomach took a turn for the worse. We got to Turkey and people seemed pleasant. We stopped by a TV studio, where we will be gueast artist on a national Turkish craft show. We will be cooking, knitting and spittin. Spittin, you know. Performing our works. It's funny but I have gotten out of the habit of using slang on this tour because our terms are very specific to where we come from. Like "mad sweet". Think about it, it is a clear contradiction. Mad and sweet kind of cancel eachother out. You can't be mad and sweet at the same time. So, after our tour of the studio we checked into our hotel. The hotel is sick! Well, it's not really sick, I'm sick. No really. After we arrived my stomach started "buggin". I mean, I caught a bug...not in my hand. I didn't actually catch a bug. My point is, the hotel is very chic, and european with a lot of class and style. There, that's better. Now anyone can read that sentence, and understand what I'm talking about. The view is stunnig. The Radisson resort sits off the Bosphorus, a glistening body of water straddled by a bridge with its on light show. As I am writing this blog, well, I'm not really writing...typing would be more accurate, but as I am putting my thoughts together, my fever has subsided a bit. I am planning to get some more rest, without sweating bullets. Ok so I'm not going to go into the whole sweating bullets thing. I'm just going to get some rest so that I can fully embrace Turkey instead of my designer pillow.

Peace...or until tomorrow.
Gamal Abdel

No comments: